Monday 29 April 2013

Time alone

My kids have been away since yesterday and I am enjoying some time alone - it doesn't happen often! I'm not going to lie, the house is wonderfully quiet. To be honest I am not rushing to get extra housework done, I'm not filling my time with as many social situations as I can but instead I am just being lazy. I know that my patience has been thin with my kids over the last couple of weeks and that I just need a break.

I regard days like this as reset days. I do what ever I want, watch TV, eat at odd times, stay up late (or sleep in late!), and spend as much time on the computer as I want haha. So by the time my kids come back I am a little more satisfied, and chilled out, because I have been able to do what I want to do for a while.

I guess my point is that your free time is precious. You may only get an hour or two here and there or maybe you have a couple of days. Make sure you spend some of that time just relaxing, you have my permission not to feel guilty about it! and it is good for your kids too. If you are happy, they are happy. I know from my experience that if I have had break from obligation for a little bit then I feel more energised to take my kids out, or spend more quality time with them when I see them again.

 6DA7YNHQGAS5

No comments:

Post a Comment